The last couple of weeks have been a challenging time our area with the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We recognize that we are in a unique position to be part of the solution as we have in-depth knowledge and experience of cleaning and how it relates to preventing the spread of illness. We are seeing an increased demand for professional cleaning services and many of our clients are increasing the frequency of their appointments.
With this in mind, we wanted to share the adjustments that we are making in order to ensure your safety and that of our cleaning staff. Please take a moment to read over this information in its entirety and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Policies
- Wearing gloves. All maids will wear gloves when cleaning your home.
- Hand and Equipment Sanitizing. Our employees are taking extra hygiene steps as they enter and leave homes. These steps include sanitizing hands and wiping down equipment with a disinfectant before entering your home.
- 100% Microfiber. We use 100% microfiber cloths which remove 98% of bacteria and viruses when used in combination with professional cleaning products. All cloths are cleaned and sanitized and never used in more than one house.
- Surface disinfecting. We use a hospital-grade disinfectant on all high-touch surfaces throughout your home. (Counter tops, bathroom surfaces, door knobs, light switches, refrigerator handle, etc.) Be aware that when disinfecting surfaces the disinfectant needs to sit wet on the surface to work properly. You may notice us using more cleaner than normal and not drying surfaces.
- Floors. We will use a hospital-grade disinfectant to clean your hard surface floors unless you request we use the standard cleaner. Our disinfectant is a neutral pH and safe for all floor surfaces.
- Vacuums. If you prefer we use your vacuum, just let us know.
- Social Distancing. We ask that our maids be given 6 feet of social space while cleaning. We have also discontinued our technicians coming into the office to reduce the risk of passing this virus to one another.
- Staff Illness. If a tech is sick or around anyone that is sick they have been instructed to stay home.
What We Ask of You
- Let us know what you need. Call the office to let us know of any special requests you have when we are in your home. (For example, requesting we use your vacuum, requesting your technician wear a mask, etc.).
- Cancel if sick. Please call and cancel your cleaning appointment if you or a family member is experiencing flu-like symptoms or has tested positive for Corvid-19. We will waive all cancellation fees.
- Pause service if necessary. We will gladly save your spot and freeze your price for up to 60 days.
- Understanding. We ask for your understanding should we need to reschedule an appointment or send a substitute technician so to staffing related shortages, childcare challenges and such.
We want to assure you all that we are taking this seriously. It is our intent to be proactive and to limit risk to everyone’s wellness by being prepared.
We will keep you updated as the situation evolves.